The web host for the Widefido blog has been down all morning. They messaged their users a few weeks ago saying that they were shutting down in April. Unfortunately, their downtime this morning indicates that fixing the issues are a no longer a priority for them anymore.
Luckily, I’ve been working on a new site for Widefido over the past few weeks. I was pretty close to launching it later this week, but with today’s downtime, I guess now is a good opportunity to launch.
- A clean look and feel. Better typography and a logo refresh.
- The company site and blog are integrated under the same domain. blog.widefido.com is no more.
- New cart/checkout workflow for purchases. Paypal is no longer required for purchase. You can pay with your credit card (processing done through stripe.com).
- A great foundation for building new sections of the site (help, knowledge base, screencasts, etc) to make it easier for customers to get the information and help they need.
- A solid foundation for building and selling new products.
Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new site. I’m sure there may be a few lurking here and there given that I had to launch a little early.